Monday, January 20, 2014

The Bollywood bug

So we spotted a very very very large moth that had somehow entered our dining room and deposited itself on the wall. Xena was super excited to see what she called "the beeeeg butterfly", so I took her closer for a better look. Suddenly, without any sort of warning whatsoever, it flew off straight at us and all hell broke loose and mother and daughter ran helter-skelter, screaming their lungs out. After it was gone, I turned to look at Xena, who was undergoing uncontrollable giggles to have seen me in such a state of indignity. I, on the other hand, started singing in my head to lower my heart rate and calm myself down. And the first song that came to my mind was the song Mahi Ve from Kaante, particularly these lines - "MOTH se darr nahin lagta humko, sirf tumse judaai ka darr hai."

Yep, you can take the bug off my walls, but you can't take the Bollywood bug off me.



5 comments:

Obscure Optimist said...

Hilarious!! :D :D

Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said...

rofl!!!

Arun said...

With that kind of pun, moth se darna hi padega!

Arun said...

http://www.cafepress.com/+luna-moth+clocks These guys actually sell "moth ki ghadi" :)

Sayesha said...

Arun,
LOL, I'd REALLY like to know what you googled (and why!) to get to this page! :D