Thursday, April 02, 2015

B is for bewdi

So Xena had her endocrinologist appointment (more on that in another post) on Monday afternoon. I picked her up from school and took her directly to the hospital. She usually has a glass of milk at home after her shower and before her afternoon nap. I knew she'd be missing that, so I took a tetra pack of strawberry milk along just so she wouldn't get hungry and cranky during the appointment.

But of course, getting her to drink the milk outside was a challenge. At home, I put her in the high chair and then we read a book together and that's how she finishes the milk. There, she took a few sips and said, "I'm done."

So I told her I had a great idea and that she was going to drink the milk in a fun way. From our bus stop, we had to cross an overhead bridge with many many many steps to get to the hospital, so I told her that she could climb and count 5 steps, pause and then take 5 sips, and so on. For some strange reason (and to my utter surprise), that idea appealed to her very much. She played and drank, and played and drank, and by the time we reached the end of the bridge, she had finished the pack.

"Well done." I said.

"It was such a fun game, Mama!" She exclaimed.

"It was, wasn't it?" I said.

"Yes. When Daddy comes home, I'll tell him Mama taught me a new drinking game today."

:|



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GASP. When you said you were going to write about bewdis, I didn't think you were going to pull your innocent child into it! Are we now officially a family of bewdis?

(I'm amused that for someone who doesn't know Hindi, this probably reads as a funny pronunciation of 'beauties', which is not a description I mind!)

The Wanderer said...

:))))))))))))))))))

Keirthana said...

LOL, I couldn't stop laughing for a while thinking about Xena's innocence. I guess your hubby would have taken a double take - "Say what?" on hearing it :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

That's too funny. :)

Arun said...

LOL! May all her drinking games involve milk only :)

Horizon said...

HaHa, a new drinking game..I can just imagine Daddy's shocked face when he hears that!

Sayesha said...

cluelesstill,
LOL! :D You lead the pack for sure! ;)
PS: Viv's Aussie colleague's wife who apparently reads my blog (!) apparently asked him, "What does biudaas mean?" :D

The Wanderer,
:))))

Keirthana,
Yeah he was very amused. :D

A joyful chaos,
:D

Arun,
I hope so! :P

Horizon,
I've been coming up with newer drinking games for her. :P